ebikechoices is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission. Learn more
In this post I’m going to be taking a quick look at the Kaisda K4 electric bike to see how it stacks up against similarly priced e-bikes in the sub-£1000 / €1000 price bracket
The Kaisda K4 is currently available for under €900, and offers a pretty good specification for the price.
- 350w rear hub motor: The rear hub motor is rated to 350w, which means it won’t be road legal for use in the EU or UK. If you do choose to use this on public roads, ride it sensibly so you don’t draw attention to yourself.
- 36v 10.4Ah battery: This is a reasonable battery capacity for the price and the claimed 30-40km range is about right for a battery of this size.
- 21 speed gearing: A triple chainring upfront with a 7-speed freewheel at the back is a fairly standard configuration on a budget e-bike. There’s no danger of running out of gears here!
- All-terrain capabilities: The Kaisda is marketed as a mountain bike, but I would say it’s more of a hybrid – it should be fine for riding on gravel and forest trails as long as the terrain isn’t too rocky. The coil-sprung front suspension fork can be locked out and adjusted. There’s also trail-friendly 27.5″ tyres.
- Comfortable riding position: I’m familiar with the frame design, and this kind of geometry is very common on e-bikes in this price range. A tall front end and relatively steep head angle (for an MTB) will make for a comfortable riding position.
- Accessories: There’s the usual compliment of accessories including lights and kickstand.
Who is the Kaisda K4 aimed at?
The Kaisda K4 will be ideal for those on a budget and looking to buy their first e-bike. Not everyone has thousands to spend on a new bike, and e-bikes like the Kaisda offer good value for money, while providing an introduction to the world of assisted cycling. As with all budget electric bikes, the K4 will make a great commuter or weekend leisure bike.
Type: Electric Moped Bike
|Specification||Wheel Size: 27.5 x 1.95 inch CST Tire
Motor Rated Power: 350W
Battery: 36V 10.4Ah Li-ion battery
Charge Time: 4-6 hours
Maximum Speed: 32km/h
Maximum Load: 120kg
Input Voltage: 100 – 240V
Brake Mode: Front / Rear Disc Brake
Transmission: Shimano 21 speed
|Weight & Size||Product weight: 27.5kg
Package weight: 29.5kg
Package size (L x W x H): 142 x 24 x 80cm
Unfold size (L x W x H): 178 x 70 x 81-97cm
Folding size (L x W x H): /
|Package Contents||1 x Bike
1 x Tool
1 x Charger
1 x English Manual
There’s not really a lot more I can say about the Kaisda K4, apart from it looks like another good value e-bike for under €1000. Obviously, I can’t comment on reliability or longevity but it does come with a one-year warranty (for motor and battery). It’s quite a neat looking e-bike for the price and is certainly comparable in looks and specification to other brands that cost more. My only concern would be the legality of the 350w motor – this is something that should be taken into account. But, I can see the appeal of having slightly more power and a little more assisted speed.
If one of these becomes available for a full review and test in the near future, I’ll update this article with more info.
The Kaisda K4 is currently on offer 👇
Original price: $1059.99
Sale price: $859.99
Available from Geekbuying – USE CODE: 6CPYBII5