When you purchase through links on our website, we may earn a commission. Affiliate disclosure.
This article is sponsored by GearBerry, but the views and opinions are those of the author.
If you’re looking for a good e-bike to deal with the winter weather in the UK and EU, Gearberry is thrilled to announce its Autumn E-bike Sale. This season, they’re featuring three popular models from Engwe: the Engine Pro, P26, and M20.
- Enwge Engine Pro (£1349 with discount)
- Enwge P26 (£889 with discount)
- Engwe M20 (£1349 with discount)
GearBerry is an e-commerce website catering to DIY and tech enthusiasts. With a commitment to transparency and quality, GearBerry provides detailed product analyses and professional shopping guides, helping customers make informed decisions.
With over a decade in the industry, GearBerry collaborates closely with global manufacturers, emphasising quality control and innovative product creation. All orders are shipped from local warehouses to guarantee quick delivery.
Gearberry’s Super Autumn E-Bike Sale
Their Autumn sale features a range of e-bikes from Engwe and Fafrees. Please visit Gearberry for a full list of bikes on offer. For this article, We have focused on three of the best-selling models from Engwe. We are starting with a personal favourite of mine, the Engwe Pro.
Engwe Engine Pro 750W: £1349 with discount code
The Engwe Engine Pro 750W is a folding electric fat bike with a 750-watt rear hub motor, 48v 16Ah battery and colour display; the Engine Pro delivers good performance, making short work of hills. It has a range of around 40-50 miles, and the bike’s components are good quality with a Shimano Altus 8-speed drivetrain, hydraulic brakes, and both front and rear suspension.
I owned one of these for several months in 2022 and was impressed with the reliability and performance. It’s great for longer distances and is very comfortable to ride, thanks to its large gel saddle and dual suspension. The 4” tyres can be run at low pressures, making the Engwe an ideal winter commuting option for riding in the snow.
- Motor: 750W brushless geared rear hub motor.
- Battery: 48v 12.8Ah lithium-ion battery.
- Range: Up to 50 miles on a single charge.
- Speed: Maximum assisted speed of 20 mph.
- Weight: Approximately 30 kg.
- Additional Features: 7-speed Shimano transmission system, front and rear disc brakes, and a 5-level pedal assist system.
- Versatile design is suitable for various terrains.
- Powerful motor and long battery life.
- Foldable design for easier storage.
- Very heavy.
- Still quite bulky, even when folded
Engwe P26: £889 with discount code
The Engwe P26 is a popular budget electric city bike, addressing the common concern of limited range. Rocking an impressive 612Wh battery, the P26 is not just about making range anxiety a thing of the past but also encapsulates all the features you’d expect from a city e-bike.
In addition to the powerful battery, there’s a high-torque geared hub motor for dealing with hills and all the accessories you’ll need for tackling the daily commute. It’s also designed with comfort in mind and has an upright riding position, lower standover height and a comfy gel saddle. Up front, there’s a suspension fork for soaking up potholes.
If you’re looking for a budget e-bike to get you to and from work comfortably, then the Enwge P26 is well worth considering.
- Motor: 36v 250w brushless, geared hub motor.
- Battery: 612Wh / 36v 17Ah battery.
- Range: Up to 70 km (claimed).
- Speed: Top assisted speed of 15.5 mph.
- Additional Features: Shimano Tourney 7-speed with trigger shifter, mechanical disc brakes, and accessories like a kickstand, mudguards, and pannier rack.
- Impressive battery capacity for its price range.
- Comfortable riding position.
- Comes with essential accessories for city commuting.
- Likely to be heavy.
- Quirky frame geometry.
Engwe M20: £1349 with discount code
The Engwe M20 has distinctive styling, drawing inspiration from Honda’s classic 1960s ‘monkey bike’; the M20 boasts three colour options, complemented by a brown leatherette bench seat and an all-black finishing kit. While its design may lean towards the unconventional, the M20 promises effortless performance around town, thanks to its 750-watt rear hub motor and dual 48v 13Ah battery option.
The M20 isn’t just about looks. It has a 100mm-travel rear air shock and a dual-crown suspension fork for smoothing urban terrain. Despite its weight of over 34kg, the M20’s motor will more than compensate.
- Motor: 750W motor.
- Battery: 48v 13ah battery.
- Range: 75+75km max range for the dual battery version.
- Speed: 25km/h.
- Additional Features: 3 high-brightness LED lights, 20X4.0′ three-layer fat tires, dual disc brakes, and a 7-speed Shimano derailleur.
- Dual suspension for a smooth ride on rough terrains.
- Powerful motor and impressive range.
- Durable and lightweight aluminium alloy frame.
- The frame design might only suit riders of some heights.
With the Winter months rapidly approaching, the demand for an e-bike capable of dealing with harsher conditions becomes more important. Gearberry’s Autumn E-bike Sale allows electric bike enthusiasts and daily commuters to invest in suitable Winter transport without breaking the bank.
The Engwe Engine Pro is a personal favourite of mine, and its specification makes it ideal for longer commutes and more challenging conditions. The P26, with its big battery capacity, is an ideal choice for riders looking for a longer range. Finally, the M20, with its retro styling, dual-battery option and powerful motor, promises a ride that’s as enjoyable as it is unique.